[ Putumayo World Music / CD ]
Release Date: Monday 31 January 2011
From Rio to Paris and beyond, a global spin on this popular musical style. These 12 artists from South America, North America, Asia, Africa and Europe have creatively adapted this mellifluous musical style into their repertoires.
Originating among a small collective of musical visionaries in the late 1950s, bossa nova helped bring the sounds of Brazil to the world. The recent success of artists such as Bebel Gilberto and the popularity of the bossa sound in the lounge and electronica music scenes demonstrate its continued appeal to contemporary musicians and audiences.
Bossa Nova Around the World album curator and Putumayo founder Dan Storper comments, "As I've traveled the world, it's been fascinating to see how certain musical genres like Brazilian bossa nova have been embraced globally, and, like reggae, seem to blend effortlessly with other rhythms, melodies and languages." These 12 artists from South America, North America, Asia, Africa and Europe have creatively adapted this mellifluous musical style into their repertoires.
1. Jardim / Bia Jardin D'hiver 2:27
2. Esperança de Mar Azul / Nancy Vieira 3:14
3. Tout Seul / Didier Sustrac 4:09
4. Melancholisch Schön / 2raumwohnung 3:41
5. Vida de Estrela / Pierre Aderne 2:40
6. Hasta Que Pueda / Amanda Martinez 3:03
7. Meditation / Tom & Joy 3:56
8. Menina Moça / Dusko Goykovich Big Band 3:36
9. Vakker Natt (Corvocado) / Hilde Hefte 2:43
10. So Nice / Jim Tomlinson 4:31
11. Railroad / Monla 2:54
12. Mon Père à Moi / Kad Achouri 3:25