[ Wah Wah Records LP / LP ]
Release Date: Friday 21 July 2017
The Space Farm album is one of the rarest NZ Acid Rock albums to find original copies of. This is the first issue of the Space Farm album with the Harvey Mann vocals and mix. The record was originally released in late 1971 through Eldred Stebbing's Zodiac Records. Eldred thought the record could be improved by re-recording the vocals with Murray Grindlay (formerly of The Underdogs) and a more professional mix, so the album was re-cut and the original version was doomed to be on collectors want lists ...until now.
The Harvey Mann version is now available and sounding as it did back in 1971.
Subsequent re issues (both official and ahem... 'dodgy') have always been the Murray Grindlay mix.
Now for the first time in 46 years you can hear Harvey's psychedelic mix making full use of the stereo panning in the (then) new Stebbing Studio which is still in use on Jervois Road in Herne Bay Auckland.
Space Farm were the first rock group (and probably the first and only zonked out on acid) to record at the Herne Bay studio.
• Space Farm were Harvey Mann guitar and vocals, Billy Williams bass and Glen Absolum drums
• Harvey Mann vocals and Harvey Mann mix - officially re-issued for the first time
• Original Archie Bowie artwork, and 'vintage' style backflapped cover
• Liner notes written by Nick Bollinger on four page insert
• Reproduction of original poster that came with first pressing of record
• Cover art by Archie Bowie with poster of the original art as it is now
• Prepared for re-issue by John Baker (Mantis/Doug Jerebine-Jesse Harper/Ticket-Awake/Alright In The City/Toy Love Live)
A1 Space Farm
A2 Homeward Bound
A3 Infinity Way
A4 Waking Dream
A5 On The Loose
B2 Gypsy Queen
B4 Lover Not A Dancer