[ Deutsche Grammophon / 2 CD ]
Release Date: Friday 8 June 2018
Should this item be out of stock at the time of your order, we would expect to be able to supply it to you within 2 - 4 weeks.
A 15th anniversary reissue of Max Richter's masterpiece The Blue Notebooks. Released in 2004, the album was written and recorded in 2003 in response to the US invasion of Iraq. It's become one of the most iconic pieces of classical and protest music of the 21st century and appeared in films such as Arrival, Shutter Island and Waltz With Bashir.
This reissue CD includes the full album and a second disc including live recordings, remixes by Jlin and Konx-Om-Pax, as well as an unreleased recording titled 'A Catalogue Of Afternoons'.
1. The Blue Notebooks
2. On The Nature Of Daylight
3. Horizon Variations
4. Shadow Journal
6. Vladimir's Blues
8. Old Song
10. The Trees
11. Written On The Sky
1. A Catalogue Of Afternoons*
2. On The Nature Of Daylight (Orchestral Version)
3. Vladimir's Blues 2018*
4. On The Nature Of Daylight (Entropy)*
5. Vladimir's Blues (Jlin Remix)*
6. Iconography (Konx-Om-Pax Remix)*
7. This Bitter Earth / On The Nature Of Daylight