[ Universal Music New Zealand / CD ]
Release Date: Thursday 19 May 2005
Compiled by Charlotte Yates and featuring Goldenhorse, Hinemoana Baker, Graham Brazier, Whirimako Black, Dean Hapeta, Don McGlashan, Hone Hurihanganui, Strawpeople, Dallas Tamaira, Mahinirangi Tocker & Wai.
Charlotte Yates was invited to oversee this ambitious project: setting Hone Tuwhare's poetry to music. This resultant collection features Goldenhorse, Hinemoana Baker, Graham Brazier, Whirimako Black, Dean Hapeta, Don McGlashan, Hone Hurihanganui, Strawpeople, Dallas Tamaira, Mahinirangi Tocker, Wai, and of course Charlotte herself.
As well as being among the top ten of New Zealand's greatest living artists, Hone was one the of first Maori poets to have work published in English, plus he was named "Icon Artist of the Year 2003" by the Arts Foundation. Charlotte's previous project was putting the venerable James K Baxter's work to music.
1. Goldenhorse - Oh Africa
2. Strawpeople - Covetous
3. Dallas Tamaira - We, Who Live In Darkness
4. Don McGlashan - Rain
5. Hinemoana Baker - Where Shall I Wander
6. Charlotte Yates - Mad
7. Whirimako Black - Spring Song
8. Te Kupu - Speak To Me, Brother
9. Graham Brazier - Friend
10. Wai - On A Theme By Tone Taiapa
11. Hone Hurihanganui - Papa-tu-a-nuku
12. Mahinarangi Tocker - A Northland Heartscape