[ Sony Classical / 3 CD ]
Release Date: Monday 20 November 2017
Should this item be out of stock at the time of your order, we would expect to be able to supply it to you within 2 - 4 weeks.
One of the world's most celebrated and talked about annual classical music festivals, with over 70 concerts between July and September.
More than 300,000 people attend Proms concerts each year, with a reach of 16 million people worldwide via BBC TV, radio and online platforms.
This special 3CD collection represents the most popular and inspiring pieces of classical music, plus all the traditional 'Last Night' favourites - from 'Jerusalem', 'Rule Britannia', and 'Land of Hope and Glory'.
Featuring world-class conductors and ensembles such as Sir Colin Davis, Leonard Bernstein, New York Philharmonic, Daniel Barenboim, Esa-Pekka Salonen, Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, Pierre Boulez and many more.
1. The Planets, Op. 32: Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity
2. Pomp and Circumstance Marches, Op. 39: No. 4 in G Major
3. Variations on an Original Theme, Op. 36 "Enigma": IX Adagio. "Nimrod"
4. Boléro (excerpt)
5. Gayane Ballet Suite: Sabre Dance
6. Salut d'amour, Op. 12
7. Trumpet Voluntary
8. Die Walküre, WWV 86 B, Act III: The Ride of the Valkyries
9. Messiah, HWV 56: Hallelujah Chorus
10. 1812 Overture, Op. 49
1. Le nozze di Figaro, K. 492: Overture
2. Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Op. 67: I. Allegro con brio
3. The Lark Ascending
4. Carmen Suite No. 1 Prelude to Act I: Allegro giocoso. "The Toreadors"
5. Finlandia, Op. 26
6. Chanson de matin
7. Four Cornish Dances, Op. 91: I. Vivace
8. On hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring
9. Romeo and Juliet, Op. 64: Dance of the Knights
10. Carmina Burana: O Fortuna
1. Coronation Anthem No. 1, HWV 258: "Zadok the Priest"
2. Peer Gynt Suite No. 1: In The Hall Of The Mountain King
3. Concerto in E Major, Op. 8, No. 1, RV 269 "Spring": I. Allegro
4. Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
5. Fantasia on Greensleeves
6. Fanfare for the Common Man
7. Radetsky March, Op. 228
9. Rule Britannia
10. Pomp and Circumstance Marches, Op. 39: No. 1 in D Major