[ Music On Vinyl / 2 LP ]
Release Date: Friday 17 May 2019
This item is currently out of stock. It may take 6 or more weeks to obtain from when you place your order as this is a specialist product.
Stephen Elliot's 1994 film The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert tells the story of two drag queens and a transgender woman, who travels across the Australian Outback in a tour bus named "Priscilla". The soundtrack is a collection of popular pop music songs related to the LGBT-community. Four of these songs were performed by the drag queens in the movie, namely "I've Never Been to Me" by Charlene, "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor, "Finally" by CeCe Peniston, and "Mamma Mia" by ABBA. The four original versions are included on this soundtrack. The movie is hilarious and the soundtrack pure fun. Think about The Village People's classic "Go West" and White Plains' "My Baby Loves Lovin'" and you know this is one heck of a great record. The extra vocal mix tracks are a good example of how you'll add some stunning versions to the whole.
The movie was a worldwide hit and with its positive portrayal of the LGBT-community, it was both popular under the mainstream audience as with the LGBT individuals themselves. The film has been awarded an Academy Award and AACTA Award for Best Costume Design.
The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert25th-anniversary edition contains extras that make the whole experience unforgettable. It includes an exclusive poster, two postcards and an insert with tracklisting and credits. The soundtrack is available for the first time on vinyl as a limited edition of 2500 individually numbered copies on pink (LP1) and purple (LP2) vinyl. LP1 is a 33 RPM record, while LP2 is a 45 RPM record with extended versions of the original songs.
180 gram audiophile vinyl
PVC protective sleeve
25th Anniversary Edition, one time only, first time on vinyl
Insert with tracklisting and credits
Exclusive poster and two postcards
Limited edition of 2500 individually numbered copies on pink vinyl (LP1) and purple (lavender) vinyl (LP2)
LP1 includes original songs from Abba, Charlene, Alicia Bridges , Gloria Gaynor, Vanessa Williams and many more. LP2 bonus disc includes remixes and original long versions from Alicia Bridges, The Village People, Gloria Gaynor and Peaches & Herb.
1. Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
2. The Village People - Go West
3. Paper Lace - Billy Don't Be A Hero
4. White Plains - My Baby Loves Lovin'
5. Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) (Original Version)
6. Trudy Richards - Can't Help Loving That Man
7. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive (Original Version)
1. Lena Horne - A Fine Romance
2. Peaches & Herb - Shake Your Grove Thing
3. Patti Page - I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine
4. Ce Ce Peniston - Finally (7" Choice Mix)
5. R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
6. Abba - Mamma Mia
7. Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last
1. Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) (Real Rapino 7" Mix)
2. The Village People - Go West (Original 12" Mix)
3. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive (1993 Phil Kelsey Classic 12" Mix)
1. Peaches & Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
2. Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) (Phillip Damien Extended Vox)