[ Chandos / CD ]
Release Date: Friday 30 August 2019
This item is currently out of stock. We expect to be able to supply it to you within 2 - 4 weeks from when you place your order.
The internationally renowned pianist Imogen Cooper is best known for her interpretations of composers of the classical and romantic eras, as reflected in her existing discography for Chandos, featuring works by Liszt, Wagner, Brahms, Chopin, Beethoven, and Robert and Clara Schumann.
On her new album, she explores the links between more recent French and Spanish styles in a programme ranging from Albéniz to Mompou via Debussy, Ravel, and Falla.
Informed by the pianist's frequent visits to (and love for) Catalonia (homeland to Albéniz and Mompou) and the Basque region of southern France (birthplace of Ravel) these are performances filled with feeling and personality, as well (of course) as virtuosic playing of the highest order.
1. Pavane pour une infante défunte (1899)
2. Alborada del gracioso (1904-05)
MANUEL DE FALLA
3. Homenaje: pièce de guitare écrite pour 'Le Tombeau de Claude Debussy' (1920)
4. La Soirée dans Grenade (1903)
5. La puerta del Vino (c. 1911-13)
6. La Sérénade interrompue (1910)
7. El Albaicín (c. 1907)
8. Évocation (c.1906)
9. El puerto (c.1906)
10. Fête-Dieu à Séville (c.1906)
11. Canción y Danza No.1 (1924)
12. L'Isle joyeuse (1904)
13. Rumores de la Caleta (1886-87)
14. Canción y Danza No.6 (1947)