[ Philips / EMI / RCA / 2 CD ]
Release Date: Thursday 1 June 2000
Should this item be out of stock at the time of your order, we would expect to be able to supply it to you within 2 - 4 weeks.
"Ingrid was always admired for the grace and shapeliness of her phrasing, her pellucid cantabile touch and her crystalline articulation, all of which can be heard in the Mozart items on these discs." Gramophone
Ingrid Haebler. (1929- ): From the beginning of her career in the 1950s, Ingrid Haebler made a reputation as a Mozart player of unusual taste and a kind of self-contained delicacy. Not a virtuoso in the Liszt tradition, Haebler's repertoire encompassed Haydn and Schubert and often ventured into the music of Chopin and Schumann. Beauty of touch and sound are apparent in everything she plays
This 200-CD edition is not only the largest project ever undertaken by a recording company in the history of recorded music, but it also marks the first time that all the major recording companies have participated in a project developed by one of their competitors. These partners, EMI Classics, BMG Classics, Deutsche Grammophon, Decca, Sony Classical, Vanguard Classics and Teldec Classics, to mention only a few, are among the greatest labels in the history of recorded music. We are also honoured that Steinway & Sons has supported this project from the very beginning and has decided to become our official sponsor.
GREAT PIANISTS OF THE 20TH CENTURY is a celebration of great artistry; it is also the result of extensive and careful research on the part of all who have participated in its creation. We trust that it will bring joy as well as enlightenment to generations of music lovers to come in the new millennium.
1. Etude In C Minor, Op. 10 No. 12 'Revolutionary'
2. Etude In E, Op. 10 No. 3 'Tristesse'
3. Etude In G Flat, Op. 10 No. 5 'Black Keys'
4. Etude In C, Op. 10 No. 7
5. Nocturne In F, Op. 15 No. 1
6. Nocturne In F Sharp, Op. 15 No. 2
7. Nocturne In E Flat, Op. 9 No. 2
8. Waltz In E Flat , Op. 18 'Grande valse brillante'
9. Mazurka In A Minor, Op. 17 No. 4
10. Etude In A Flat, Op. 25 No. 1 'Aeolian Harp'
11. Etude In F Minor, Op. 25 No. 2
12. Etude In G Sharp Minor , Op. 25 No. 6
13. Etude In C Sharp Minor, Op. 25 No. 7
14. Etude In G Flat, Op. 25 No. 9 'Butterfly'
15. Etude In A Minor, Op. 25 No. 11 'Winter Wind'
16. Polonaise In E Flat Minor, Op. 26 No. 2
17. Prelude In D Flat, Op. 28 No. 15 'Raindrop'
18. Prelude In A Flat, Op. 28 No. 17
19. Mazurka In D, Op. 33 No. 2
20. Waltz In A Flat, Op. 34 No. 1 'Valse brillante'
21. Piano Sonata No. 2 In B Flat Minor, Op. 35: 3 Marche funebre. Lento
1. Polonaise In A, Op. 40 No. 1 'Military'
2. Waltz In A Flat, Op. 42 No. 1 'Grande valse'
3. Berceuse In D Flat, Op. 57
4. Mazurka In A Flat, Op. 59 No. 2
5. Mazurka In F Sharp Minor, Op. 59 No. 3
6. Mazurka In C Sharp Minor, Op. 63 No. 3
7. Chants polonais de Frederic Chopin, S. 480: The Maiden's Wish
8. Chants polonais de Frederic Chopin, S. 480: My Darling
9. 3 Etudes de Concert: No. 2 In F Minor 'La leggierezza' (A capriccio - Quasi allegretto)
10. 6 Etudes d'execution transcendante d'apres Paganini: No. 3 La Campanella
11. Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 In C Sharp Minor
12. Hungarian Rhapsody No. 10 In E,
Menuet celebre In G, Op. 14 No. 1
14. Impromptu In A Flat, D. 935 No. 2
15. Impromptu In B Flat , D. 935 No. 3
Wagner / Liszt:
16. Spinning Chorus from 'The Flying Dutchman'