[ Concord Records / CD ]
Release Date: Thursday 18 June 2009
This item is currently out of stock. We expect to be able to supply it to you within 2 - 4 weeks from when you place your order.
CCR hardly missed an opportunity to salute their musical heroes whenever they could. This collection brings together their classic covers, for the very first time.
Creedence Clearwater Revival built up a vast arsenal of covers during their lengthy apprenticeship in the local Bay Area music scene (as Tommy Fogerty & the Blue Velvets, and then later as The Golliwogs) by the time they emerged on the national stage in 1968.
Harkening back to the 1950s "Golden Age of Rock 'n' Roll" during their heyday, CCR hardly missed an opportunity to salute their musical heroes whenever they could. This collection brings together their classic covers, for the very first time.
1. Good Golly Miss Molly (Little Richard)
2. I Heard It Through the Grapevine (Marvin Gaye)
3. Hello Mary Lou (Ricky Nelson)
4. Susie Q (Dale Hawkins)
5. The Midnight Special (traditional)
6. Ooby Dooby (Roy Orbison)
7. The Night Time Is the Right Time (Ray Charles)
8. Cotton Fields (Leadbelly)
9. Ninety-Nine and a Half (Wilson Pickett)
10. Before You Accuse Me (Bo Diddley)
11. My Baby Left Me (Elvis Presley)
12. I Put a Spell on You (Screamin' Jay Hawkins)