[ Next Ambiance / CD ]
Release Date: Monday 1 March 2010
This item is currently out of stock. We expect to be able to supply it to you within 2 - 4 weeks from when you place your order.
Bassekou Kouyate is a Malian maestro, virtuoso picker and musical visionary whose work blurs the line between West African and American roots music.
Ngoni Ba is the name of the group he leads and are all members of his family.
"Ferociously powerful album... Superb."
- The Independent
- Music Week
"Soon the world will speak Fula!"
- Metro, UK
"Fizzes with energy."
- The Observer
"There's unlikely to be a better African album this year."
- Evening Standard
The 11 tracks on 'I Speak Fula' provide a star-studded tour of pan-Malian music, including collaborations with Toumani Diabete, griot vocal legend Kasse Mady Diabate, master of the horse-hair souk fiddle Zoumana Tereta & guitar phenomenon Vieux Farka Toure, Ali's precociously talented son.
The release of 'I Speak Fula' marks the latest leg of an extraordinary musical journey.
1. I Speak Fula
2. Jamana Be Diya (feat. Toumani Diabate, Kasse Mady Diabate)
3. Musow - For Our Women
4. Torin Torin (feat. Harouna Samake)
5. Bambugu Blues (feat. Vieux Farka Toure, Andra Kouyate)
6. Amy (feat. Zoumana Tereta)
7. Saro (feat. Vieux Farka Toure)
9. Tineni (feat. Toumani Diabate)
12. Bonus Track: Senufo Hunter (feat. Dramane Ze Konate)