[ Unviersal Music / 2 CD ]
Release Date: Friday 3 June 2016
We don’t have this item in our warehouse or stores at the moment, but the supplier has stock. We should be able to get it to you in 4 - 7 business days from when you order it.
Paul McCartney and his music need no introduction. Together with three of his friends, he changed the cultural landscape forever.
And Paul's accomplishments since then as a member of Wings and a solo artist make for a staggering body of work that stands proudly alongside those eight sensational years with The Beatles.
Pure McCartney, a new compilation of his solo, Wings and Fireman work, celebrates that fact, showcasing 67 highlights from one of the most-revered catalogues in music - from McCartney in 1970, his debut solo album, right through to Hope For The Future, his 2014 track taken from Destiny, the most-anticipated video game of the last decade. Not only is Pure McCartney a monumental mixtape of some of popular music's most memorable moments from 1970 to the present day, it also features curios for the superfans and some of Paul's personal favourites-all handpicked by the man himself..
"Me and my team came up with the idea of putting together a collection of my recordings with nothing else in mind other than having something fun to listen to," Paul says of this project.
"Maybe it's to be enjoyed on a long car journey or an evening at home or at a party with friends? So we got our heads together and came up with these diverse playlists from various periods of my long and winding career."
As a songwriter Paul has never stood still, dipping his toe in countless genres and styles. Pure McCartney is testament to that fact. From the songwriting masterclass of 'Maybe I'm Amazed' and adventurous, three-songs-in-one of 'Band On The Run' to the irresistible groove of 'Say Say Say' and ahead-of-its-time electronica of 'Temporary Secretary', described by NME when compiling a list of the greatest ever songs as "not so much ahead of its time, but out of it altogether", Pure McCartney charts the unstoppable adventures of McCartney's unique and eclectic songwriting talents and shines a light on his post-Beatles artistic achievements.
"The word 'career' is a bit misleading because to me it has been more like a musical adventure than a proper job," says Paul, reflecting on the Pure McCartney tracklisting. "It pleases me, and often amazes me, that I've been involved in the writing and recording of so many songs, each of them so different from the others."
Paul's unparalleled career has seen his music break global chart records, win countless awards, fill stadiums around the world and become the soundtrack to millions of people's lives across generations.
1. Maybe I'm Amazed (2011 Remaster)
2. Heart Of The Country (2012 Remaster)
3. Jet (2010 Digital Remaster)
4. Warm And Beautiful (Remastered 2014)
5. Listen To What The Man Said (Remastered 2014)
6. Dear Boy (2012 Remaster)
7. Silly Love Songs (Remastered 2014)
8. The Song We Were Singing (2016 Remaster)
9. Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey (2012 Remaster)
10. Another Day (2012 Remaster)
11. Sing The Changes
12. Jenny Wren
13. Save Us
14. Mrs Vandebilt (2010 Digital Remaster)
15. Mull Of Kintyre (2016 Remaster)
16. Let 'Em In (Remastered 2014)
17. Let Me Roll It (2010 Digital Remaster)
18. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five (2010 Digital Remaster)
19. Ebony And Ivory (Remixed 2015)
1. Band on the Run (2010 Digital Remaster)
2. Arrow Through Me (2016 Remaster)
3. My Love (2016 Remaster)
4. Live And Let Die (2016 Remaster)
5. Too Much Rain
6. Goodnight Tonight (2016 Remaster)
7. Say Say Say (Radio Edit / 2015 Remix)
8. My Valentine
9. The World Tonight (2016 Remaster)
10. Pipes Of Peace (Remastered 2015)
11. Dance Tonight
12. Here Today (Remixed 2015)
13. Wanderlust (Remixed 2015)
14. Great Day (2016 Remaster)
15. Coming Up (2011 Remaster)
16. No More Lonely Nights (7" Single Version / 2016 Remaster)
17. Only Mama Knows
18. With A Little Luck (DJ Edit / 2016 Remaster)
19. Hope For The Future (Main)
20. Junk (2011 Remaster)