[ Westbound Records / 2 CD ]
Should this item be out of stock at the time of your order, we would expect to be able to supply it to you within 4 - 7 business days.
Funk pioneers get in-depth and devotional remix treatment from Detroit's finest.
17 tracks by the most influential band to emerge from Detroit in the 1970s are reworked by the crème de la crème of Detroit producers such as Amp Fiddler, Andrés, Dirtbombs, Ectomorph, Gay Marvine, Alton Miller, Moodymann, Marcellus Pittman, Anthony 'Shake' Shakir and Underground Resistance.
Everyone jump on board to spin out some serious, late night smokers grooves… Deep as you like, but would you really expect anything less?
"The results are stunning, as they twist the disco, funk and psychedelia into fresh and crisp patterns." 9/10 - Mixmag
"Fantastic remixes that have clearly been perfected due to a love of the band from this set of inventive musicians." 8/10 - Louder Than War
"It's clear from the results here that the task of reworking Funkadelic wasn't taken lightly." 3.6/5 - Resident Advisor
1. Sexy Ways (Recloose Disco Flip)
2. You Can't Miss What You Can't Measure (Alton Miller Mix)
3. Get Your Ass Off and Jam (Marcellus Pittman Remix)
4. Cosmic Slop (Moodymann Mix)
5. Music for My Mother (Andres Wo Ahh Ay Vocal Mix)
6. Undisco Kidd (Gay Marvine Edit)
7. Super Stupid (Dirtbombs Version)
8. Take Your Dead Ass Home (The Fantasy Version)
1. Music 4 My Mother (Underground Resistance Mix)
2. Let's Take It to the Stage (Amp Fiddler Laughin @Ya Mix)
3. Standing on the Verge (Anthony Shake Shakir & T Dancer Remix)
4. You and Your Folks (Claude Young JR Club Mix)
5. Be My Beach (Mophono & Tom Thump)
6. You and Your Folks (Claude Young JR Dub)
7. Let's Make It Last (Kenny Dixon JR Edit)
8. Looking Back at You (Ectomorph Stripped and Dubbed)
9. Maggot Brain (BMG Dub)