[ Nettwerk / 2 LP ]
Release Date: Friday 31 August 2018
Should this item be out of stock at the time of your order, we would expect to be able to supply it to you within 4 - 7 business days.
There have always been two sides to Passenger (Mike Rosenberg): the epic, radio-friendly sound and the more introverted singer-songwriter side. Runaway finds Passenger embracing the epic once again: the melodies are unforgettable, the choruses colossal.
The album was recorded between the UK and Australia, but its aesthetic is North American, thanks in large part to his American father who organized trips back to the States every other summer while Mike was growing up in Brighton. While some songs point to specific locations such as Yellowstone or Detroit, Mike imagined all the new songs unfolding against a backdrop of American landscapes, which led to a month long road trip across the US to create a series of live acoustic versions of each album track and videos to match.
Sonically, too, Runaway draws on Americana more so than past Passenger albums. There is some lap steel, some mandolin, a little banjo, all courtesy of guitarist Benjamin Edgar. Rosenberg is also joined on the album by keyboard player Jon Hansen, bassist Rob Calder and drummer Peter Marin.
The Deluxe Gatefold Double Vinyl comes with a hardbound book and includes ten acoustic versions recorded live across North America in April 2018.
1. Hell Or High Water
2. Why Can't I Change
3. Heart To Love
4. Let's Go
5. He Leaves You Cold
6. Ghost Town
8. Eagle Bear Buffalo
9. To Be Free
11. Survivors (Live from Jedediah Smith Redwood State Park, CA)
12. To Be Free (Live from Dauphin Rd, Vineland, NJ)
13. Eagle Bear Buffalo (Live from Canaan Mountain Wilderness Area, UT)
14. Runaway (Live from Joshua Tree National Park, CA)
15. Ghost Town (Live from Michigan Theatre, Detroit, MI)
16. He Leaves You Cold (Live from Unityville, PA)
17. Let's Go (Live from Trough Rd, State Bridge, CO)
18. Heart To Love (Live from a Rooftop in Manhattan, NY)
19. Why Can't I Change (Live from Tahkenitch Landing Campground, Gardiner, OR)
20. Hell Or High Water (Live from Santa Monica Beach, CA)