[ Sony / 2 CD ]
Release Date: Friday 12 October 2018
Should this item be out of stock at the time of your order, we would expect to be able to supply it to you within 4 - 7 business days.
In 1993 Primal Scream went to Memphis to make an album with Tom Dowd and the Muscle Shoals rhythm section, that album never saw the light of day , until now.
Following the recent discovery of these tracks in a box lurking in Andrew Innes' basement, this release is the original, and previously unreleased, studio recordings from Memphis of the tracks that eventually became their 1994 album 'Give Out But Don't Give Up' .
Teaming up with legendary producer Tom Dowd and the Muscle Shoals rhythm section of David Hood (bass) and Roger Hawkins (drums) at Ardent Studios in Memphis, the resulting recordings from those classic sessions showcase the more country soul, rock'n'roll side to a band who continue to surprise. It's Primal Scream as you've never heard them before.
CD1 TOM DOWD ALBUM MIX
3. Call On Me
4. Everybody Needs Somebody
5. Sad And Blue
6. Big Jet Plane
9. (I'm Gonna) Cry Myself Blind
CD2 ARDENT STUDIO SESSIONS
1. Billy / To Love Somebody
2. Memphis Groove (Improvised Song Jam)
3. Sad And Blue (Early Rehearsal Jam)
4. Blue Moon Of Kentucky / Trying To Get To You 5. Big Jet Plane (Early Rehearsal Jam / Tom Dowd Instructions)
6. Free (Bobby Vocal, Full Band Rehearsal Jam) 7. Everybody Needs Somebody (Alternative Recording)
8. Country Guitar
9. Jailbird Guitar
10. Jesus (Monitor Mix )
11. Funky Jam (Original Recording)
12. Free (Early Rehearsal Sitar /Piano / Bobby Vocal)
13. Call On Me ( Monitor Mix)
14. Cry Myself Blind (Monitor Mix)
15. All I Have To Do Is Dream