[ Wax Time / LP ]
Should this item be out of stock at the time of your order, we would expect to be able to supply it to you within 1 - 2 weeks.
This was her penultimate album, recorded when her body was telling her enough was enough. During the sessions with arranger Ray Ellis she was drinking vodka neat, as if it were tap water. Yet, for all her ravaged voice (the sweetness had long gone), she was still an incredible singer. The feeling and tension she manages to put into almost every track set this album as one of her finest achievements. "You've Changed" and "I Get Along Without You Very Well" are high art performances from the singer who saw life from the bottom upwards. The CD reissue masterminded by Phil Schaap is absolutely indispensable.
4.5 / 5 All Music Guide.
1. I'm A Fool To Want You (Written By - Herron, J. Wolf, Sinatra)
2. For Heaven's Sake (Written By - Bretton, D. Meyer, S. Edwards)
3. You Don't Know What Love Is (Written By - DePaul, Raye)
4. I Get Along Without You Very Well (Written By - Hoagy Carmichael)
5. For All We Know (Written By - Coots, S. Lewis)
6. Violets For Your Furs (Written By - Adair, Dennis)
1. You've Changed (Written By - Carey, Fisher)
2. It's Easy To Remember (Written By - L. Hart, Rodgers)
3. But Beautiful (Written By - Burke, Van Heusen)
4. Glad To Be Unhappy (Written By - L. Hart, Rodgers)
5. I'll Be Around (Written By - A. Wilder)
6. The End Of A Love Affair (Written By - E. Redding)