[ Parlophone / CD ]
Release Date: Friday 15 February 2019
Should this item be out of stock at the time of your order, we would expect to be able to supply it to you within 2 - 5 business days.
A new production of the 1987 album. The seeds of this new reimagining of the albums were first sown in 2008 when David asked Mario McNulty to remix the track 'Time Will Crawl' and record new drums by long-time Bowie drummer, Sterling Campbell along with strings. The track was issued on the iSelect compilation to much acclaim, and in the notes, for that record, David remarked 'Oh, to redo the rest of that album'.
Fast-forward to early 2018, McNulty entered Electric Lady Studios in New York with Sterling, Tim Lefebvre on bass, who was in the ★ ("Blackstar") band and Reeves Gabrels and David Torn on guitars. All of the musicians had a history with David, so were a perfect fit for what now sound like brand new songs. Nico Muhly, whom Mario first met when they were both interns working for Philip Glass in 2001, has handled the string arrangements.
1. Day-In Day-Out (2018 Remastered Version)
2. Time Will Crawl (2018 Remastered Version)
3. Beat Of Your Drum (2018 Remastered Version)
4. Never Let Me Down (2018 Remastered Version)
5. Zeroes (2018 Remastered Version)
6. Glass Spider (2018 Remastered Version)
7. Shining Star (Makin' My Love) [2018 Remastered Version]
8. New York's In Love (2018 Remastered Version)
9. '87 And Cry (2018 Remastered Version)
10. Bang Bang (2018 Remastered Version)