[ Thom Productions / CD ]
Release Date: Friday 26 April 2019
Thom Productions presents The Offering - a charity album to support The Salvation Army!
At its heart, the Offering project is best described as 'the artists of our time presenting the music of all time'.
This compilation sets out to present afresh a collection of 12 gospel hymns that have sustained and encouraged the weary for centuries, with all proceeds going to The Salvation Army to assist those in need.
Recorded by 12 of New Zealand's finest recording artists including Hollie Smith, Teeks, Dave Dobbyn, Tami Neilson, Don McGlashan, Stan Walker, Sol3 Mio and more, this project is a spectacular Offering to support those in need.
In conjunction with the Offering, 12 of New Zealand's finest painters have each created an original work inspired by one of the hymns which will be on display at the Holy Trinity Cathedral.
All the artists have delivered their finished work at no charge and foregone all future royalties so that the maximum amount can be given to The Salvation Army.
The Offering comes as a 2-CD set designed so you can keep one and offer one away!
1. Abide With Me (1847) - Le Art
2. Amazing Grace (1779) - Dave Dobbyn
3. Ma Te Marie (early 20th century) - Stan Walker
4. His Eye is on the Sparrow (1905) - Ginny Blackmore
5. Whakaaria Mai (How Great Thou Art) (1885) - Hollie Smith & Teeks
6. Be Thou My Vision (music 1912, words 600 A.D.) - Nathan Haines & Jonathan Crayford
7. Precious Lord, Take My Hand (music 1844, words 1932) - Kimbra
8. Great is thy Faithfulness (1923) - Ruby Frost
9. It is Well with My Soul (1873) - Vince Harder & Maisey Rika
10. Lo Ta Nu'u (unknown, early 20th century) - Sol3 Mio
11. Be Still My Soul (music 1899, words 1752) - Tami Neilson & Don McGlashan
12. Doxology (1551) - Rhombus String Quartet