[ Dubmission / CD ]
Release Date: Friday 10 July 2020
We don’t have this item in our warehouse or stores at the moment, but the supplier has stock. We should be able to get it to you in 2 - 5 business days from when you order it.
Pitch Black follow up their "Third Light" album with a companion selection of remixes entitled "The Light Within". Reflecting the duo's international status, their remixers hail from across the globe, and given the heavyweight source material it should be no surprise that the tunes span the bass music spectrum. The resultant ten-track collection is playful, spiritual and sensory, with upbeat tempos and slithering effects woven deep into the rhythmic pulses and dark undercurrents of Pitch Black's original tracks.
Bookended by uptempo versions of "Daylight Wasting" from International Observer and Berlin bassheads qnp, "The Light Within" features contemporary bass cuts from Portland's Bodie and Christchurch's Akcept, downtempo grooves by Argentinian dubsalon and South Korean mcthfg, dancefloor dubs from Mexico's Tor.Ma in Dub and Brisbanite SUBSET, as well as drum and bass by Wellingtonian Zuke and the legendary UK producer and founder of OnU Records, Adrian Sherwood.
Contemplative but cheerful, either way, as "A Doubtful Sound" states, 'The rhythm is gonna get ya!'
1. Daylight Wasting (International Observer's Durian Hook)
2. One Ton Skank (Tor.Ma in Dub Remix)
3. Third Light (Bodie Remix)
4. A Doubtful Sound (Adrian Sherwood Dub Mix)
5. Artificial Intolerance (Akcept Remix)
6. The Lake Within (Dubsalon Remix)
7. The Silver World (mcthfg Remix)
8. Artificial Intolerance (SUBSET Dub)
9. Did You Get the Message (Zuke Remix)
10. Daylight Wasting (qnp Remix)