[ Warner / 4 LP ]
Release Date: Friday 16 April 2021
On June 20, 2000, Deftones released their third studio album, White Pony, which was immediately acclaimed as a masterpiece by fans and critics alike. Fuelled by the successful singles "Change (In the House of Flies)" and "Digital Bath," the album is the band's highest selling album and is certified platinum by the RIAA. The band also won the 2001 Grammy for Best Metal Performance for the song "Elite."
In the 20 years since release, the album has continued to grow in stature and influence. Inspired by DJ Shadow's Entroducing..., Deftones had the idea to have DJ Shadow reimagine the entire White Pony album and call it Black Stallion. Twenty years later, Deftones hand-picked a diverse and brilliant collection of artists, including DJ Shadow, to make that idea a reality.
White Pony (20th Anniversary Edition) is now being re-issued with Black Stallion as the bonus disc. Black Stallion is an album of newly commissioned remixes (all done in 2020) of the 11 tracks on the original release of White Pony. Black Stallion includes remixes of each of the individual 11 tracks from the original White Pony album by different artists including DJ Shadow, Robert Smith, Squarepusher and Mike Shinoda.
2. Digital Bath
1. Rx Queen
2. Street Carp
1. Knife Prty
1. Change (In the House of Flies)
2. Pink Maggit
1. Feiticeira (Clams Casino Remix)
2. Digital Bath (DJ Shadow Rem
3. Elite (Blanck Mass Remix)
4. Rx Queen (Salva Remix)
1. Street Carp (Phantogram Remix)
2. Teenager (Robert Smith Remix)
3. Knife Prty (Purity Ring Remix)
4. Korea (Trevor Jackson Remix)
1. Passenger (Mike Shinoda Remix)
2. Change (In The House Of Flies) [Tourist Remix] 3. Pink Maggit (Squarepusher Remix)